Take Your Kid To Work Day is this week (April 28th to be exact). My blogger-buddy, Mummy-T (from TravelsWithANineYearOld) suggested that some of us traveling parents join in with the fun – even though many of us aren’t currently working – and write about traveling full-time with our kids instead. (Links to posts by the writers contributing to this project are at the end of this post).
I had a fantastic time at our recent “Sip And Plan” travel-themed Mom’s Night Out at the Woodmark Hotel in Kirkland Washington. It was great to meet new friends and see familiar faces and to get a chance to answer so many questions about my favorite topic, traveling with kids.
I’d like to take this opportunity to say one more big “Thank You” to our night-of-event sponsors: The Woodmark Hotel, Trio Vinters, and Trophy Cupcakes.
I was so busy that night – futzing with Powerpoint beforehand and then answering questions from our guests afterwards – that I didn’t get a chance to inspect the Swag Bags which my co-hosts had put together so I brought one home with me to check out later. There’s a bunch of cool stuff in this cute bag. Today, to start my “week of giveaways” on WanderMom.com, I’m giving one of these away.
Here’s What’s Inside
* Roll Up Market Tote from Lands End. I love that it’s easier + easier to skip the plastic bag in the supermarket because I have one or more reusable bags like this in my car. But since this one is cute + pink, I think I’ll be using it more than any of the eco-green square bags that I already have!
* BabyLegs Leg Warmers. These are great for covering that gap between pants and socks on a cold day. I do wish these had been around when my boys were little – they’re such a great idea.
* Mini Travel Activity Kit from TravelKiddy. This is a sample size of their well thought out travel activity kids containing lots of fun stuff to keep your kids busy in the car, while waiting for a plane or train.
* SeeHere 8×8 photo book by Fuji
* Sticky Fingers Recipe of the Month Club Subscription
* Gift Certificate for a free trial of GoGo Inflight Internet on your next air flight.
* $10 off gift certificate for childcare at Adventure Kids Playcare
* Malie Kai Dark or Milk Chocolate Bars made with chocolate grown on the Island of Hawaii, a gift from The Islands of Hawaii
* $50 off your summer photo session from Judith Fernstrom Photography
* Girls felt hairclips from L&H Designs
* Episencial Premium Travel Sized Playful Foaming Wash – way better than the antiseptic-smelling Purell.
* Packing Pal packing checklist from Baby Daze
This giveaway is now closed.
Share and Enjoy
Have you got your tickets for our upcoming fun “Mom’s Night Out” at the Woodmark Hotel on June 3rd? Come hang out with me, Debbie from DeliciousBaby, Anne from HipTravelMama and Lora from CascadiaKids. We’re looking forward to meeting you and helping with your family’s travel plans (for summer and beyond).
You can pick up tickets from Brown Paper Tickets.
To sweeten the pot a little, we’ve also lined up a couple of great door prizes and a nice set of goodies for gift bags for all attendees.
The Woodmark is offering their Escape To The Lake package as our main prize. This package includes an overnight stay at the Woodmark Hotel with breakfast for two. Honestly, given their location looking out on to Lake Washington, when you’re in the Woodmark you truly do feel as if you’ve escaped from the real world. (I did this overnight last August and during our visit my younger son did say “Mom, are you sure this is still Seattle? It feels like Hawaii!”).
The Woodmark is also offering a drawing for a $100 gift certificate for the newly-remodeled NW Face Spa at the Woodmark which is opening in July.
Your gift bags will be presented in bags provided by Lands’ End. We’ve got chocolates from Hawaii Tourism, GoGo Inflight gift certificates, Travel Kiddy activity kits and subscriptions to Sticky Fingers Recipe Of The Month Club as well as a bunch of other goodies.
Ooh! And we have wine provided by Trio Vintners from Walla Walla. Yay!
Mom-Tested Travel Advice
If you’re on the fence about whether or not attending will be useful for you, I thought it would be helpful to get a sense of the type of information I’ll be sharing during the evening.
What To Expect When You Travel With Children
6 Tips For Planning A Destination Family Reunion
Practical Tips For Flying With Young Children
Handheld Video Games, Kids and Travel
Travel Toys To Keep Your Kids Entertained
Don’t forget to pick up tickets here – although we will sell some at the door too!
Share and Enjoy
Wine and Travel are two of my favorite subjects. Spending an evening talking about traveling with children over a glass (or two) of wine with friends old and new sounds to me like a recipe for a good night out. Are you interested in joining in? You’d be more than welcome and Continue reading